“[AI] is going to change the world more than anything in the history of mankind. More than electricity.” — Dr. Kai-Fu Lee, 2018, AI Oracle & Venture Capitalist
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
According to Wikipedia, Artificial intelligence (AI), sometimes called machine intelligence, is intelligence demonstrated by machines, unlike the natural intelligence displayed by humans and animals. The term “artificial intelligence” is often used to describe machines (or computers) that mimic “cognitive” functions that humans associate with the human mind, such as “learning” and “problem-solving.”
Artificial intelligence is officially part of our everyday lives. Everything from what our social feeds look like to what we buy online is influenced by algorithms that watch our behavior and learn about our preferences.
It’s clearer than ever that the shift to digital marketing is more than a “trend” — it’s a necessary migration or addition if you want to stay competitiveAI technology can help to optimize and speed up many different marketing tasks, improving customer experiences and driving conversions. We know AI is impacting the life and future of each person — and it’s changing the landscape of every industry, too.
How Artificial Intelligence is Changing the Face of Digital Marketing
If you’re still on the fence about using AI for digital marketing, you’re not the only one. Investing in new technology is a big commitment and it can feel intimidating.
The truth is, keeping up with marketing trends isn’t a matter of choice for businesses that want to remain competitive. As technology advances, so do consumers’ expectations — a smart business owner needs to meet those expectations.
Today, AI is impacting numerous aspects of life in the form of smart devices, chatbots, and even self-driving cars. All of these are designed to understand consumer needs and preferences and deliver customized customer experiences.
With effective data analysis and the ability to adapt to input, AI is taking over the human role of identifying marketing trends. Brands and marketers are leveraging AI digital marketing to save time and resources through automation.
AI Digital Marketing Can Give Your Company a More Competitive Edge
- Understand Your Audience Better: AI can analyze data to easily predict the buying behaviors and decisions of your target customers, and automatically adjust ad delivery to optimize for conversion.
- Increase Productivity: Using AI algorithms, you can automate a number of repetitive tasks. This can help you increase productivity and save you both time and money.
- Increase ROI: AI empowers decision making and also helps you create better-performing content. Implementing AI digital marketing strategies helps you reach out to the right audience with deals they can’t refuse.
- Improve User Experience: You can use AI data to provide your audience with what they actually need — including the very things they’re already shopping for. Dynamic ads are a good example of this.
- More Effective Marketing: AI helps you end the guesswork. You can create a more effective marketing strategy for your business with AI’s data-driven analysis.
Using AI digital marketing strategies can transform the way you engage with your audience. It can help you drive relevant traffic, acquire new customers, increase sales, and retain your existing customers.
AI isn’t here to replace the jobs of marketers or advertisers; it’s here to boost the effectiveness of marketing strategy and expand creative potential. Every day it’s becoming more and more ingrained in our world. It’s time for smart, competitive marketers to embrace AI — and learn to harness it in their digital marketing strategy.